A higher standard in staffing.
Employee Information • Effective 2015
The purpose of this information is to establish policies and procedures for all employees of Aliyah Personnel.
GENERAL PERSONNEL POLICIES
Aliyah Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Our policy with respect to decisions affecting all terms and conditions of employment is to treat applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability and veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law, except where such considerations are bona fide occupational qualifications permitted by law. Aliyah Personnel will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Successful recruiting efforts depend on the quality of each step of the recruitment process. One of the most important steps is to have a diverse pool of qualified candidates for job positions. Aliyah Personnel works to locate such candidates. Affirmative action, equal opportunity and diversity are priorities of our business. We strive to recruit qualified female, minority and disabled candidates for our job positions; as well as, qualified disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. The use of advertising, social media, employee referral, and word of mouth are all tools used to reach potential Aliyah Personnel employees.
STATEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP
Every employee of Aliyah Personnel is an employee “at will”. This means that the company can fire you at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause.
Aliyah Personnel will strive to ensure a harassment free environment for its employees, regardless of their work location. It is the policy of Aliyah Personnel to prohibit harassment in the workplace based on sex, race, national origin, religion, age, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, and other classifications protected by applicable law. This policy will be enforced at all levels within Aliyah Personnel. Complaints will be investigated and remedies implemented to ensure employees are protected from illegal harassment.
WORKPLACE VIOLENCE POLICY
Aliyah Personnel has a policy of zero tolerance for violence. If you engage in any violence in the workplace, or threaten violence in the workplace, your employment will be terminated immediately for cause. No talk of violence or joking about violence will be tolerated. This applies to Aliyah Personnel’s worksites and our client worksites.
Prohibited acts of workplace violence include but are not limited to threats, intimidation, physical attack, property damage or possession/use of a weapon.
Violations of this policy will lead to termination of employment. Aliyah Personnel and/or clients, also reserve the right to report such violations to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
WORK CONDUCT RULES
PUNCTUALITY AND ATTENDANCE POLICY
Your arrival at your assignment on time, and your attendance while assigned is considered a vital part of successful job performance. Accepting a job assignment is a commitment to arrive at the work site on time. Returning from all breaks, including lunch, and remaining at your assignment until the end of your scheduled time is expected. If for any reason you are going to be late or not able to report to your assignment, you must call your supervisor at the worksite and Aliyah Personnel.
If you have any prior commitments, such as scheduled vacation, court dates, physician
appointments, etc. that would affect your attendance, it is required that you communicate that prior to accepting an assignment with Aliyah Personnel.
Employees are required to follow all workplace rules and regulations. Failure to follow client workplace rules and regulations may lead to your removal from the worksite, as well as discipline up to/including termination.
Aliyah Personnel is committed to protecting the safety, health and well being of all employees. In an effort to maintain this goal, Aliyah Personnel does require associates to participate in drug screening for the following:
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- For Cause
- Post Accident
- Random Drug Screening
WORK RELATED INJURIES
It is the policy of Aliyah Personnel to maintain a safe and productive working environment for our employees and others having business with Aliyah Personnel. It is essential that all safety equipment is worn at all times and safety rules/procedures are always followed at the assigned location. In the unfortunate event that an injury occurs on the job it is your responsibility to abide by the following procedure:
- Immediately report the injury to your supervisor and a representative of Aliyah Personnel no matter how minor it may be.
- An injury report will be filled out promptly. It is your responsibility to cooperate
with your supervisor in the completion of the report.
- If treatment of a work-related injury is needed you will be allowed to select a doctor from the approved Panel of Physicians. If it is an emergency, 911 will be called.
- You are not authorized to go to your family doctor or any outside physician of your own choice for work related injuries. Worker’s Compensation insurance medical benefits may be denied for these costs.
- Drug testing will be required for work-related injuries.
- Prescriptions for Worker’s Compensation prescription medications must be filled at the approved drug store facility as directed by the Aliyah Personnel.
- A “Return to Work” note from the participating doctor is required for any employee to be permitted to return to work after an absence from work due to any injury.
- It is required to go to all follow-up medical appointments at the designated location and time. Employees who No Call/No Show for medical appointments may be disciplined which may include termination.
- Please note a full accident/injury report and investigation will be conducted whenever there is an injury or accident on the job.
To ensure that your personnel file is up-to-date at all times, notify Aliyah Personnel of any changes in your name, telephone number, home address, marital status, number of dependents, and the names of individuals to notify in case of an emergency.
ALIYAH PERSONNEL ASSOCIATES:
INSURANCE AND BENEFITS
- Upon placement, each associate has the opportunity to participate in benefit packages that include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance. Other insurance programs are also available based upon employee need.
- Vacation pay is provided for associates that work extended periods with our service. Aliyah Personnel employees become eligible for vacation pay upon the completion of 1,800 regular hours with our company.
- Holiday pay is available after working 1,400 regular hours with Aliyah Personnel. Eligible holidays: July 4th / Thanksgiving / Christmas / July 4th
- Call to let us know that you are available for work. If you are not on assignment you should call Aliyah Personnel daily to let us know you are available.
- Consider all job opportunities.
- Do not walk off of your job assignment
If you leave the job before the end of your shift without permission from the client company or an Aliyah Personnel representative, it will be considered a voluntary resignation of your employment and you will not be eligible for rehire.
- When you are placed on a job assignment, Aliyah Personnel is your employer.
We will provide a W-2 form at the end of the year, and we are responsible for reporting to all local, state and federal governments and submitting funds to entities of those governments as required by law.